Friday, August 30, 2013

Barbie Bean Bag Chair

Tutorial: How To Make A Barbie Bean Bag Chair

I wanted to share with you how I made a bean bag chair for the kid size barbies.  I plan on making another one in girl colors for my daughter's doll house.  This is the one I made:


It takes 5 small pieces of fabric so I chose 2 green and 3 brown and filled it with rice and it came out great!  Plus I love the smell of rice.  I used a funnel to put the rice in.  I used the tutorial below to make this by MyFroggyStuff.  It took me about five minutes from start to finish, but if you're hand sewing it will take a bit longer.





Update on using rice: If you use rice, be absolutely SURE you sew up all the seams.  My 5 year old found the tiniest of holes in the bean bag chair, stuck her finger inside to see what was in there, and proceeded to work the hole bigger and bigger until there was rice from one end of the house to the other... I was picking up grains of rice for days.  Instead I would suggest dry beans (though this is a choking hazard for small children so don't use if your kids might put it in their mouths), and be sure to sew it up good and tight!  Double check!!

Have you made a Barbie or doll bean bag chair with this tutorial?  We'd love to see it!  Share a link of your picture in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment